Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Glass Castle



Jeannette Walls, author of the book, does a great job explaining her life. Walls keeps you wanting to read more. I had a hard time putting this book down, everyone can relate to this book in some way or other. Whether you grew up poor like the Walls family, or rich, we all went to school with someone who was less fortunate then ourselves. I would like to see this book in middle schools, in hopes that it could prevent a lot of kids picking on the less fortunate. It is amazing to me that there are people out there that are still living like the Walls family. Granite we have child services, that I believe is more involved in the child's welfare then when Jeannette was growing up. I believe neighbors, schools, family, and just plain strangers are less tolerable of child neglect. Jeannette Walls is a strong and courageous woman. Not many people are willing to lay it on the line to get out what needs to be out. I would highly recommend reading this book, it will make you grateful of the roots you come from, and what you have in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment