Friday, April 27, 2012

College?


I never liked school, I was never good at it. When I graduated from high school there was never intention to ever go back to what seemed the biggest struggle of my life. There was things to be done in the world, things to be changed, places to go, money to be made. I did just that, I have so many experiences that if I had sat in a classroom they would have never happened. I learned how to manage not only spending, paying bills, but investing at an early age. I bought my first house when I was 19, 2 years later turned that into a rental, and bought another one. I had drive to be successful, not every kid coming out of high school has that, so they need to go to college to figure that out. I always wondered why people spend so much money on learning things that most people will never use in the "real world". I am a banker, while I have learned many things from this English class, it is highly unlikely that I will use the majority of it, I do numbers not words! When I decided to go back to school, or should I say when my wife decided that I should go back to school, I was not excited to take on this adventure at all. There was a lot of feet dragging in the beginning, but as I got deeper in to the process it slowly transformed in to a good feeling. I am opening my mind to somewhat of an evil spirit from my past, and showing myself that I can be a good student, I am smart enough to earn a degree. I am showing my children that it is never to late to face the fears in our life, and take on the world. I am not sure that school will get me ahead in my career nor do I care, this is for me and my family.

1 comment:

  1. Lucas, even if you are a numbers guy and a banker, I can guarantee you'll use some of the things you have learned in this class or about writing more than you ever thought. When that happens, please let me know, so I can say, "I told you so!" :)

    ReplyDelete