Sunday, February 19, 2012

Facebook Generation


If my parents had a facebook page, I would surely except an invitation from them. It would be another way of communicating with them. If you asked me this question back when I was in junior high, my answer would be much different. I think if I would have had facebook back then, it would have been trouble! My daughter, who is 13 has a facebook account, and we are her friends, this was part of the deal so she could have one. I feel monitoring her account is very important, just as monitoring who she hanging out with or where she is going.
I do notice that kids who have grown up with facebook, and text messaging have a hard time with caring on conversation face to face. When my daughter has a friend over they spend half the time facebooking or text messaging. Now while I find this to be rude, their generation finds this acceptable, almost mandatory. I often think I was lucky to not have this growing up, although it would have been easier to find the keggers on Friday and Saturday nights, it would not had been as challenging and you were forced to actually seek out information and talk to new people.
Technology is great, my wife and I share a facebook account, which is rarely used. It is nice to see what are old friends are up to, and pictures of their families. Facebook does play a part in my life, it just does not control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment