Monday, February 27, 2012

Spring fever


Maybe it is because the lack of winter we are having, but spring fever has started. This weekend I had a hard time keeping myself on track and motivated. I am excited for my daughters traveling soccer to start, even though when it comes, the driving will drive me crazy. I am excited to go on long bike rides with my son, who learned how to ride a bike last year. I am excited to go for walks with my wife where she is not freezing cold the whole way and complaining about Minnesota's longest season. We bought a new house about a year and a half ago, and have not had time to build our garden. We have been doing a potted garden, which the veggies do not turn out as good. I am more then ready to not have to wear a jacket to tend to the grill or my smoker. We have two kids and three dogs, so at this point in the year we are anxious to get the windows open, and for the dogs to lay around out in the soft green grass. I am ready for mother nature to awaken the trees, the flowers, all the animals and bugs that have down for the long rest. I am still not ready for the allergies, however I will take the bad with the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment