Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Favorite quote (week 3)

"What Descartes did was a good step. You have added much several ways, and especially in taking the colours of thin plates into philosophical consideration. If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."  Quoted by Issac Newton 1676
The part that stands out to me the most is "If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."  I have always been a leader, and have always looked at every person around me as a giant who has made me a leader.  You can not win a war with just a captain.
It was just this past year that this quote has been inbeded in to my way of life.  My best friend Justin, wife (Karen) was diagnosed with a rare cancer.  They had a 1 year old son, when they found out.  It came as a shock, because she is a very healthy woman.  What I saw them go through, mentally, physically, and financially is enough to bring anyone down to rock bottom.  I watched day by day, week by week, month by month, as their strength as a family grew to beat this cancer.  They taught me who I want to be as a husband, a father, and a friend. "If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."

As for Karen, she kicked the cancers Butt!!!

1 comment: